Thursday, May 31, 2012

Looking Back and Laughing


Sorry for the short hiatus these last couple weeks. It's been a fairly busy time, with being a single dad this week and fighting the lines last week to get my National ID here. The government requires every resident in the UAE to get a national ID by May 31st or else you pay a fine everyday after that. True to character, I waited until the last minute and had to wait in line for what felt like 2 days to perform 10 minutes worth of work. Anyway, back to the blog....

I've decided to change things up with the blog and no longer provide you with sleeping material. I am not going to waste your time with long drawn out explanations of things. I am going to give a brief explanation of the project and post it. Done and Done. So here is the project this week....

If you remember last year, I submitted concept art for Smiley and Grim to a contest. Needless to say, it didn't work out. So for the halibut ("hell of it" who aren't familiar with my lingo) I decided to re-do that project using the knowledge and skills I acquired since then. Boy was I rough around the edges back then. It's amazing how much one can improve by drawing regularly!! I can't wait to be able to look back on this new one and laugh at how poor this is! Here it is 1.0 vs. 2.0

Smiley and Grim 2011 or 1.0
Smiley and Grim 2012 or 2.0

No comments:

Post a Comment